Community Events CalendarThe Community Events Calendar is an easy way to view dementia related events and education opportunities offered by community providers in the Kenosha area.
Dementia Care Specialist
The Dementia Care Specialist will come to your home or meet in another location of your choice to:
- Assess your situation and discuss your concerns
- Help you and your family understand Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. Discuss the process and how this disease will affect your loved one over time.
- Provide crisis planning and developing a family action plan to assist in times of need.
- Discuss strategies and provide tools to cope with behavioral changes and skills that can help reduce the stress in the home.
- Assist with obtaining community and supportive services.
Call 262-605-6646 for more information or to schedule a visit.
Family/Caregiver Support Groups
Are you caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease? Does someone you love have Alzheimer's disease or another dementia? There are support groups for caregivers and family members. Learn more
Memory Café is a fun social opportunity for individuals concerned about their memory, who have a diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment (MCI), early to moderate-stage Alzheimer's or other types of dementia. Care partners are an integral part of the Memory Café. This is an opportunity to share stories and connect because being active physically, socially and mentally is good for the brain!
Online Family Caregiver Training
Are you struggling with caring for a family member with dementia, need more information, but just don’t have the time to seek out assistance? This online educational program may be the answer. Developed by dementia educators at the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the program is easy to use. You will be able to apply the information you learn to everyday living situations. Learn more...
What is the Tele-Savvy Study?A clinical trial of an on-line education program for dementia caregivers.
During the program, you will receive caregiver training in the following areas:
- Dementing Illnesses
- Signs and Symptom
- Disease Management
- Environmental changes to enhance quality of life for you as a caregiver and your person living with dementia
- Caregiving Strategies
- Self-Care for the Caregiver
Caregiving is a demanding and stressful role. Caregivers need training to optimize their person’s and their personal quality of life.
Many skills can be learned to decrease caregiver burden, stress, and the severity of dementia symptoms experienced by their person.
This program is conveniently offered online on weekdays and weekends.
I’m Interested! Now what?!
Contact: Katie Kilgore, Project Director, 404-712-9578, Katie.Kilgore@Emory.Edu
Dementia Friendly CommunityA Dementia Friendly Community is one in which local businesses, organizations, churches and community groups make simple changes that help a person with dementia feel welcome and safe. The Dementia Friendly Community Project can provide a no-cost, 30 minute training about dementia and how to better serve those living with dementia.
Join the growing number of businesses and organizations who are "dementia friendly":
- Active Laundry - Agile Plaza
- BMO Harris
- 52nd Street Branch
Library Park Branch
Paddock Lake Branch
Pleasant Prairie Branch
Twin Lakes Branch
- Celebre Place
- Coleman Chapel AME Church
- Community Library - Salem
- Community Library - Twin Lakes
- Green Bay Road
- Easter Seals Kenosha
- ELCA Outreach Center
- First United Methodist Church - Kenosha
- Gas ‘N Grab - Agile Plaza
- Good Value Pharmacy
- 80th Street
- Holy Cross Church (Wilmot/Bristol)
- Kenosha Area Family and Aging Services, Inc. (KAFASI)
- Kenosha Achievement Center
- Kenosha Area Transit
- Kenosha County Job Center
- Kenosha County Veteran Services
- Kenosha Public Libraries
- Kenosha Public Museum
- Lady in Blue Cleaning
- Northshore Bank
- Prairie Side True Value Hardware
- Pringle Nature Center
- Richter’s Marketplace
- Second Baptist Church
- Slades Corners Computer Repair, LLC
- Soup Depot
- Trinity Lutheran Church
- Twin Lakes Area Chamber and Business Association
- Village of Paddock Lake Western County Transit
- Westosha Senior Community