Goals & Objectives
- Continue the process to improve and refine the office’s computer functions.
- Constantly study and monitor county investments and banking functions to achieve maximum efficiency and return.
- Look at ways to provide an even higher level of customer service to the citizens of Kenosha County.
- Make preservation of principal the top priority when selecting investments for county funds.
- Work with state Legislators on tax related issues to assure resolutions in the best interest of Kenosha County.
- Work with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue to assure implementation of the most effective and efficient methods of administering state prescribed programs.
- Improve office functions to provide excellence in customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Receipts and disburses all county funds and records all transactions in a timely manner.
- Provides banking services and maintains banking accounts while accepting funds from all departments within the county and from the public. All funds are accounted for on a daily basis and a monthly proof of cash is done to confirm the accuracy of consolidated accounting procedures.
- Administers all property tax laws, collects property taxes and completes the annual tax settlement with each of the county’s municipalities and with the State of Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
- State Statutes assign the Treasurer the responsibility of administering many statewide programs such as The Lottery and Gaming Credit, Unclaimed Funds, and the Tax Deed or In Rem processes used to take ownership of severely tax delinquent properties on behalf of the county.
- Invests all available county funds. This involves, selecting investments that maintain the security of county funds while achieving maximum returns within guidelines set by the County Board, State Statutes, and the County’s investment policy.
Address Change FormLink to page
Conversion of Agricultural Land
Here are equations for property owners who's property has benefitted from lower property taxes.Link to page
County Mill RatesLink to page
Delinquent TaxesLink to page
FAQLink to page
View the real property tax fee schedule.Link to page
Goals and ObjectivesLink to page
Read about the lottery and gaming credit.Link to page
NewsLink to page
View online and phone payment options.Link to page
Probate FAQ (pdf)Link to page
Read the policy for public access to government information.Link to page
PUBLICATIONSLink to page
Find a list of services provided at the two Treasurer's Office locations.Link to page
StaffLink to page
Learn common terms used by the Treasurer's Office.Link to page